Adraki Aloo Gobhi
Adraki Aloo Gobhi
This recipe of adraki aloo gobhi has prominent ginger flavour. This is a Punjabi style aloo gobhi cooked in mostly all the Punjabi families. It can be cooked with basic ingredients usually available at home. Tastes best when used fresh vegetables.
Preparation Time – 10-15 Mins
Cooking Time – 20-25 Mins
• Gobhi florets removed – 1 Medium
• Aloo peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes– 2 Medium
• Tomatoes chopped – 1 Medium
• Ginger finely chopped – 1Tbsp
• Cumin Seeds 1 Tsp
• Salt to taste
• Red chilli powder 1 Tsp
• Turmeric Powder ½ Tsp
• Garam masala – ½ Tsp (I prefer homemade or Everest Garam Masala)
• Oil – 4 Tbsp
• Cut the cauliflower florets into medium size. Wash cauliflower and potato cubes.
• Heat oil in a heavy bottom kadai/wok. Add cumin seeds. When it changes colour add ginger and sauté for about half a minute.
• Add potatoes and cauliflower and mix together. . Cover and cook for about 4-5 mins.
• Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix together all the spices so that it coats the vegetables uniformly.
• Add chopped tomatoes and stir.
• Cover and cook on a low flame till its done. It would take about 15-18 mins. Keep stirring in between so that the vegetables do not stick to the bottom of kadai. Remember to cover the lid back everytime you remove to stir the vegetable.
• Once the vegetables are cooked add garam masala powder and mix.
•Garnish with coriander leaves.(optional)
• Serve hot with rotis.
Tips and Tricks –
• Cooks best in a heavy bottom or a non stick pan/kadai.
• Ginger can be used grated or julian as well. Depends on taste.
• Covering the lid makes cooking faster.
• Do not add water.
• Use homemade or Everest garam masala for better taste.