Aloo paratha is a wholesome meal that can be serves ad breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hot aloo paratha topped with white butter makes everyone drooling. The stuffing is prepared with aloo with different spices as per choice. You can also add chopped onion or even kasuri methi to the stuffing for different flavour.
Preparation Time – 15 – 20 Mins
Cooking Time – 25 – 30 Mins
• Whole wheat flour – 2 Cups
• Salt to taste
• Oil – 1 Tsp
• Water for kneading
• Ghee as required (For Frying)
For Stuffing –
• Boiled Aloo (Potatoes) – 4 Medium size (Boiled Potatoes Recipe)
• Green chili finely chopped – 1 -2
• Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) – 1/4 Tsp
• Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 Tsp
• Chat Masala –1/2 Tsp
• Coriander leaves finely chopped – 2 Tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add salt and oil. Mix well with flour.
• Taking water in small quantity start kneading the dough.
• Knead soft dough adding water in between as required.
• Rest the dough for 20mins covering with wet kitchen napkin.
• For stuffing, take boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash them.
• Add salt, green chili, chopped coriander, garam masala, chat masala, amchur powder and mix uniformly.
• Knead the dough again after 20 mins.
• Divide the dough into equal balls. The size of the balls should be large enough to contain the stuffing.
• Using dry flour for dusting, roll the ball into small circle using rolling pin.
• Apply some ghee over the dough circle.
• Place potato stuffing on the dough circle. Take few tablespoons of stuffing quantity as per the size of the dough circle so that the stuffing is neither too much nor too less.
• Gather the edges of dough and pinch it into the center to seal properly.
• Roll the paratha into 6-7 inches diameter using dusting flour.
• Heat tawa on a medium flame. Place paratha over hot tawa and cook for about half a minute.
• Flip paratha and cook on other side.
• When both the sides are slightly brown, apply ghee on both the sides one by one and cook till crisp and lightly browned.
• Make parathas in a similar way using remaining dough balls and stuffing.
• Serve hot parathas with curd, butter and pickle.
Tips and Tricks –
• You can also use oil instead of ghee for frying parathas.
• Keep in check the temperature of tawa and regulate it from medium to low flame as required. It should neither be too hot to burn the parathas or too cold.
• Adjust spices as per taste.
This is a kind of a dish which is liked by all. It makes you feel so homely.
Now days there are various paratha junctions across the country which serves only various kinds of parathas served with curd, pickle, sabzi or sometimes lassi. Aloo parathas are one of famous among all.
These parathas can be made in various ways like fried, tandoori or tawa. It can be made using refined flour or whole wheat flour. Various dhabas especially in North on highways serves delicious tandoori parathas. This is a must have recipe in each and every home.