Besan wali Shimla Mirch
This recipe of shimla mirch is made with besan and served as a side dish along with any curry or as a main vegetable with roti or paratha. Capsicum is prepared with besan with some spices to give it nice taste and texture.
Preparation Time – 10-15 Mins
Cooking Time – 20 – 25 Mins
Serving – 4 – 5
• Shimla Mirch (Capsicum) Medium Size – 8 Nos.
• Besan (gram flour) – 1 Cup
• Red chili powder – 1 Tsp
• Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
• Turmeric powder – ½ Tsp
• Dry Mango powder (Amchur powder) or lime juice – 1 Tsp
• Asafoetida – 1 Tsp
• Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp
• Water – 1/2 Cup
• Oil- 1½ Tbsp
• Take besan (gram flour) in a non-stick or heavy bottom kadai and roast on a low flame.
• Stirring continuously roast till golden brown.
• Meanwhile dice capsicum in cubes.
• Transfer roasted flour in a separate container. Keep aside.
• In a same kadai heat oil. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
• Add diced capsicum and mix well. Cook for 3- 4 mins. Make sure they do not lose crunch.
• Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chili powder. Mix well.
• Add roasted besan (gram flour) and mix well so that besan is coated nicely on vegetable. Cook for 2-3 mins.
• Add water and mix well. Cook for 3-4 mins on low flame, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
• Cover the lid and let it cook on low flame till tender, stir occassionally.
Tips and Tricks –
• Make sure vegetable do not lose crunch while adding gram flour.
• Adjust water as per required consistency; it should neither become too mushy nor too dry.
• Adjust spices as per taste.
• Cook on a low flame.