During summers cucumber raita acts as a coolant and helps fighting heating of summers. Grated cucumber gives nice crunch to the raita when mixed with curd. Addition of green chili and coriander gives freshness. This can be served with any meal during day time.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cooking Time – No cooking Required
• Cucumber Medium size – 1 No.
• Curd – 1 Cup
• Salt to taste
• Black salt to taste
• Black pepper powder- ¼ Tsp
• Cumin powder- ¼ Tsp
• Coriander leaves finely chopped – 1 Tbsp
• Green chili (slit in between) – 1 No.
• Wash and peel cucumber. Grate it.
• Beat the curd in a bowl till smooth.
• Add grated cucumber, salt, black salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder, chopped coriander, green chili. Mix well.
• Garnish with coriander. Serve chilled.
Tips and Tricks –
• Add homemade cumin powder for better taste and aroma.
• Use fresh homemade full cream curd for creamy texture.
• This recipe can also be served during fast by using rock salt.