This recipe of peanut salad is nutritious than other peanut salad recipes as it does not involve any cooking, hence all nutritional value of the ingredients remain intact. It is super easy to prepare.
(Semolina Pasta Salad Recipe), (Mixed Sprout Salad Recipe),(Carrot-Beetroot Salad), (Easy Bean Salad Recipe)
Peanuts are soaked overnight and mixed with chopped vegetables with some spices to give a better taste.
Soaking Time – Overnight or 8 hrs.
Preparation Time – 10 – 15 Mins
Cooking Time – No cooking involved
Servings – 3
• Raw Peanut – 1 cup
• Finely chopped carrot – 1 No
• Finely chopped cucumber – 1 No
• Finely chopped tomato – 1 No
• Finely chopped onion – 1 No (Optional)
• Finely chopped green chili – 1 No
• Salt to taste
• Chat Masala – 1 Tsp
• Lemon juice to taste (Optional)
• Coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
• Wash and soak peanuts for overnight.
• After soaking peanuts for overnight, drain excess water. Peanuts will increase in volume.
• Transfer peanuts in a large mixing bowl.
• Add all the ingredients.
• Mix well. Serve.
Facts about peanut –
• Peanuts are one of the popular oil seeds.
• Peanuts are rich in energy (567 calories per 100 g) and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
• Peanut kernels are good source of dietary protein; compose fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development.
• Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol, another polyphenolic antioxidant. Resveratrol has been found to have protective function against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and viral/fungal infections.
• Peanuts are rich source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
• It is thought to have originated in the Central Americas and from where it spread to rest of the world through Spanish explorers.
• March is National Peanut Month.
• Peanuts contribute more than $4 billion to the USA economy each year.
• The peanut plant produces a small yellow flower.