Every place serving this dish has its own way of preparing it. You can add any vegetables of choice and customize the taste as per your taste buds by using different sauces of your choice, even the quantities of sauces differ in everyone’s preparation. The sauces that are mainly added are soya sauce and white vinegar. Garlic and spring onions are considered the main ingredients of any Chinese dish. However I had skipped adding spring onions, but you can add them for garnishing in the end.
This Indochinese recipe of Hakka Noodles can be prepared easily and tastes delicious. This recipe has simple ingredients and has prepared using only two vegetables carrots and capsicum. The other vegetables that can be added are onions, spring onions, mushrooms and bell peppers.
(Veg Manchurian Recipe)
Preparation Time – 10 – 15 mins
Cooking Time – 20 Mins
Serves – 3
• Hakka Noodles – 200gms
• Water as required
• Carrot large size – 1
• Capsicum Medium size – 1
• Finely chopped garlic – 1 Tbsp
• Soya Sauce – 3 Tsp
• White Vinegar – 2 Tsp
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper powder – 1 Tsp
• Oil – 2 Tbsp + 1 Tsp (Sesame(Til) Oil is preferred)
• Spring Onion greens (Optional)
• Wash all the vegetables. Peel carrot and garlic. Julian cut carrot and capsicum. Finely chop garlic.
• Take 8 cups of water in a large vessel.
• Let it boil.
• Add noodles with little salt. Cook on medium flame for 2-3 mins or till water starts boiling again, with vessel uncovered.
• Lower the flame and cook till noodles are boiled properly. This will take another 2-3 mins. Keep stirring occasionally.
• Strain the noodles in a colander or strainer to remove excess water. Then drain the noodles under running water.
• Add 1 tsp of oil and mix gently to coat oil all over the noodles so that they do not become sticky.
• Heat oil in a wok (kadhai). Add garlic and cook for 30 secs.
• Add carrots and cook for another 1min.
• Add capsicum and cook for 2-3 mins. Make sure the vegetables do not lose the crunch.
• Add salt, black pepper powder, soya sauce and white vinegar.
• Mix well.
• Add boiled noodles and toss. Cook for 2-3 mins.
• Garnish with finely chopped spring onions. (optional)
• Serve hot.
Tips & Tricks –
• Use sesame oil to get authentic taste.
• Adjust sauces as per taste.
• You can add chili sauce or tomato sauce as well, as per the taste and liking.
• Serve will little vinegar and soya sauce.
• Goes well with Manchurian.
• You can add vegetables of your choice.
• You large deep vessel for boiling noodles to give enough space so that the noodles do not stick.
• Do not over boil the noodles.(Veg Manchurian Recipe)