Italian flavoured vegetable-pepper raita
The spices used give it a distinct and amazing flavour.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cooking Time – No cooking required
• Curd – 1 Cup
• Finely chopped cucumber (deseeded) – 2 Tbsp
• Finely chopped tomatoes (deseeded) – 2Tbsp
• Finely chopped onion (Deseeded) – 2 Tbsp
• Finely chopped red bell pepper – 2 Tbsp
• Finely chopped yellow bell pepper – 2 Tbsp
• Finely chopped green bell pepper (capsicum) – 2 Tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Dried Oregano powder – 1/2 Tsp
• Dried Basil powder – 1/2 Tsp
• Paprika powder – 1/2 Tsp
• Garlic powder – 1/2 Tsp (Optional)
• Beat curd in a bowl till smooth.
• Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, onion, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, green bell peppers, salt, paprika powder, oregano powder, garlic powder and basil powder. Mix well.
• Serve chilled.
Tips and Tricks –
• Use fresh homemade full cream curd for creamy texture.
• You can add vegetables of your choice.
Facts of curd –
Yogurt is one of the most consumed, best known and most popular food around the world.
Nutritional Value & Health Benefits –
• Helps in intestinal infections.
• Heals yeast infections.
• It is a good source of calcium, protein and vitamins.
• Protect against heart diseases.
• Reduces blood pressure.
• Reduces cholesterol.
• Helps in digestion.
• Exfoliates dead skin from body, giving glowing and flawless skin.
History & Origin –
Historical record show that in the 16th century a Turkish doctor saved the life of King Francis I by treating him with yogurt made from goat’s milk. The king had been suffering from some type of intestinal illness that no other medicine seemed to help, but was apparently cured by yogurt. This wondrous cure brought a new surge in the popularity of yogurt as a health food.
It is believed that yogurt/curd and other fermented milk products were discovered accidentally as a result of milk being stored by primitive methods in warm climates.