Lauki (Bottle Gourd) Paratha
This is healthy recipe and a good way to feed lauki to kids. This vegetable is usually not much liked by all; this recipe helps to intake lauki in delicious way.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cooking Time – 25 – 30 Mins
Servings – 4-5
• Whole wheat flour – 2 Cups
• Lauki (Bottle Gourd) – 1 Medium size
• Coriander Finely chopped – 3-4 Tbsp
• Green chili finely chopped – 1 No.
• Salt to taste
• Oil – 1 Tsp
• Water for kneading (If Required)
• Oil as required (For frying)
• Wash, peel and grate lauki.
• Transfer in a large container to knead dough.
• Add finely chopped coriander, green chili and salt.
• Add flour and mix well all the ingredients.
• Lauki has its own water content which will help kneading the dough.
• Take water if required (I did not use water for kneading), knead a soft dough.
• Apply some oil over dough and knead again.
• Divide the dough into equal balls.
• Dust the ball using dry flour.
• Roll the ball into small circle using rolling pin.
• Heat tawa on a medium flame. Place paratha over hot tawa and cook for about half a minute on one side.
• Flip paratha and cook on other side.
• When both the sides are slightly brown, apply oil on both the sides one by one and cook till crisp and lightly browned.
• Make parathas in a similar way using remaining dough balls.
• Serve hot parathas with curd, butter and pickle or your favourite vegetable dish. (Homemade curd recipe)
Tips and Tricks –
• You can also use ghee instead of oil for frying parathas.
• Keep in check the temperature of tawa and regulate it from medium to low flame as required. It should neither be too hot to burn the parathas or too cold.
• Adjust spices as per taste. You can also add saunf powder while kneading the dough.