Make healthy pizza at home from scratch. Make your own pizza base at home using whole wheat flour and freshly made pizza sauce with fresh ingredients. This combination of homemade base and pizza sauce and choice of your toppings will make your pizza healthy and tasty.
Getting pizza sauce from market is not only heavy on pocket but also unhealthy as it contains preservatives. Having freshly made pizza sauce makes pizza even more delicious and gives it a healthy factor.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cooking Time – 20 Mins
• Large Tomatoes – 5 Nos
• Finely chopped garlic – 1 Tbsp
• Oil – 2 Tbsp
• Mixed herbs- 2 Tsp
• Oregano – 2 Tsp
• Chili flakes – 1 Tsp
• Red chili powder – 1 Tsp
• White vinegar – 1 Tsp
• Powdered Sugar – 1 Tsp
• Salt to taste
• Wash and cut tomatoes into two pieces.
• Take cut tomatoes in a microwavable safe bowl. Add ½ Tsp of oil and pinch of salt.
• Microwave for 6 – 7 mins.
• If you don’t have microwave just boil tomatoes in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
• Let tomatoes cool.
• Make coarse puree of tomatoes in a mixer or using hand blender.
• Heat oil in a wok (kadai) or a sauce pan. Add finely chopped garlic and cook for about 30 secs.
• Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 – 8 mins on a medium low flame, uncovered. Stir occasionally.
• Add red chili powder, chili flakes, mixed herbs and oregano. Mix well. Cook for next 2- 3mins.
• Add white vinegar, salt and sugar. Mix well. Simmer for 2 – 3mins.
• Use it for making pizzas at home.
• If you want to store pizza sauce add extra oil and preserve in an air tight jar.
• This sauce can be preserved for 15 days in a refrigerator.