Tandoori Gobhi Recipe, How to make Tandoori Gobhi with or without Oven
Place all kinds of fancy dishes from around the world, my pick will always be Indian. I absolutely love Indian cuisine for its varied variety of spices, condiments, cooking techniques that are involved to make it absolutely delish. Being a Punjabi by birth I have always loved everything that is prepared in tandoori. Even in restaurants I always order alteast one tandoori starter. Tandoori gobhi is one of my favourites.
The charred texture, smoky flavour that tandoor gives to any dish is unbeatable. The spices mixed in marination has the power to make any vegetable taste out of the world.
Video Recipe –
Though it seems little complicated and overwhelming to cook tandoori delicacies but once you get your hands at it, it becomes very easy. With ovens and different techniques available these days it gets easier to prepare these dishes at home as well with the similar taste.
How to prepare for tandoori gobhi –
Separate florets from gobhi. Wash and clean thoroughly with water.
How to Blanch Gobhi –
Boil water with some salt and lime juice. Switch of the flame. Add gobhi and cover the vessel for approx. 10 mins. This will help cook gobhi partially. Strain excess water and spread gobhi on a kitchen towel to let dry.
How to make Tandoori Gobhi –
Mix all the marinade ingredients, add blanched gobhi and let it marinade for atleast 30 mins. Keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Mix well and bake in the oven or cook on a skillet until golden brown.
Things to keep in mind to make perfect tandoori gobhi –
1. Choose a good quality cauliflower which does not have gaps in between. It should be firmly tight and clean.
2. Blanch gobhi /cauliflower well, it ensures thoroughly clean and also adds flavour to it.
3. Use thick and fresh yoghurt for marination.
4. Kashmiri red chilli powder adds good colour to it though adding it is optional.
5. Use mustard oil only for this recipe. This gives a nice pungent and smoky flavour to the dish.
6. Keep in check while baking or cooking on a skillet. Do not overdo it else gobhi will turn leathery and chewy.
More Recipes which are major hit in any party –
If you happen to try any of the recipes from the blog, please do share with me the feedback and pictures. I would love to feature them on our Social media channels – Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, Twitter.