The addition of peanuts gives it a nice crunch. Green chili, lemon juice gives it a nice tangy taste. This dish can be served at any time of the day.
Preparation Time – 5-10 Mins
Cooking Time – 10 Mins
• Rotis – 4 Nos.
• Oil – 1 Tbsp
• Green chili finely chopped – 1 No.
• Cumin (Jeera) seeds – 1 Tsp
• Fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 Tsp
• Turmeric powder – ½ Tsp
• Asafetida – ¼ Tsp
• Onion chopped – 1 Medium size
• Sugar – 1 Tsp
• Lime Juice – 2 Tsp
• Salt to taste
• Crushed peanuts – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
• Coriander finely chopped to garnish (Optional)
• Coarse grind leftover rotis.
• Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds, asafetida, fennel seeds and finely chopped green chili. Cook for half a minute.
• Add chopped onion and cook till translucent. Add turmeric and salt and mix well.
• Add coarsely grinded rotis and crushed peanuts. Mix well. Cook on a low flame for about 5-6 mins stirring constantly in between.
• Add sugar and lime juice and mix well.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.(optional)
• Serve hot.
Tips and Tricks –
• Sprinkle little water over rotis, if they have become harder.
• Adjust sugar, lime juice and other spices as per taste.
• You can also add whole peanuts instead of crushing.
• Cover the roti poha for last half a minute when all cooking is done on low flame to infuse all the flavours.
• You can also use leftover parathas for the same recipe.