Spinach & Carrot Soup
Adding soup in a daily diet is healthy and great way of weight loss. It also helps in relieving cold and cough. Best way to have all kinds of vegetables in winters and other seasons.
There are various kinds of soups and different ways of preparing them. Soups help in improving digestion, weight loss and there are other various health benefits of soup.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cooking Time – 15 Mins
Serves – 2
• Green spinach – 10 – 12 leaves
• Red Spinach/Amaranthus/ Lal Bhaji – 12 – 15 leaves
• Tomato – 1 Small
• Carrot – 1 No
• Water – 1 Cup
• Ghee (Clarified butter) or Olive Oil – 1 Tsp
• Whole Red chili – 1 No.
• Bay Leaf – 1 No.
• Clove – 1 No.
• Black salt – 1 Tsp
• Black Pepper – 1 Tsp
• Milk – 1 Tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
• Wash green spinach, red spinach, carrot and tomato. Peel and roughly chop carrot.
• Pressure cook all the vegetables with salt in 1 cup of water. Cook for 1 whistle. This will take approx. 5 – 10 minutes.
• When the pressure/steam is released completely by itself, open the cooker lid and let it cool.
• Blend boiled vegetables in a mixer to form a puree. (You can also use hand blender for the same.)
• Strain the vegetables using a strainer to get a smooth puree. Add required water to get desired consistency.
For Tempering –
• Heat ghee or olive oil in a small heavy bottom kadai. Add whole red chili, bay leaf and cloves.
• Add black salt and black pepper and mix.
•Add tempering to the soup.
• Simmer on a low flame till you get a boil. Add milk and stir.
• Serve hot.
Tips and Tricks –
• Do not cover with lid while preparing tempering.
• Do not boil much after adding milk.
• You can also add olive oil instead of ghee.