Best way to use leftover rice. Addition of vegetables along with whole spices gives it a nice flavour and aroma. Any vegetable of your choice can be added to this dish. Usually carrots, beans, bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, peas, capsicum are added. These vegetables gives nice crunch and taste.
You can also make this dish for kids tiffin. Vegetables will give nutritious value and different outlook to simple rice.
Preparation Time – 5 Mins
Cooking Time – 10 Mins
• Boiled Rice – 1 Cup (Preferably Basmati) Recipe of Boiled Rice
• Green Capsicum finely chopped- 1 Medium
• Carrot peeled and finely chopped – 1 Medium
• Cumin seeds – ½ Tsp
• Garlic finely chopped – 1-2 cloves
• Ginger – finely chopped – ½ Tsp
• Black Pepper powder – ½ Tsp
• Salt to taste
• Lemon juice – 1 Tsp
• Coriander finely chopped for garnish
• Oil- 1 Tbsp
• Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add cumin seeds and finely chopped garlic and ginger, sauté till raw smell goes away.
• Add finely chopped carrot and capsicum. Mix well.
• Saute for 1-2 minutes. Make sure the vegetables do not lose its crunch.
• Add boiled rice, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
• Garnish with coriander. Serve hot.
Tips and Tricks –
• Basmati long grain rice goes well for this recipe.
• Adjust spices as per taste.
• Best way to use leftover rice.