Quick and Easy Version of Kadai Paneer, Weekday Lunch Kadai Paneer Recipe
Kadai Paneer is a known rich Indian curry. Though this recipe is quite different from what traditional kadai paneer is, I call it Kadai Paneer because is has similar ingredients to that of kadhai paneer.
There are days when I don’t want to cook much but tastebuds demand good food. On occasions when I have unexpected guests this recipe comes to rescue. It hardly takes any time to cook and gives me the liberty to prepare other side dishes as well to make it a complete meal.
With only a few ingredients that this recipe needs, it can be prepared at any time. This dish also can be prepared for lunch box.
If you are a beginner and looking to cook a good meal, this will fit your bill perfectly. Make it for a quick lunch or dinner along with roti, paratha or puri in no time.
Video Recipe –
How to Prepare –
This recipe does not need much preparation. All you need is diced vegetables, paneer and a few spices. It’s good to soak paneer for 10 mins. in lukewarm water, before using. It helps the paneer to get soften and tastes melt in the mouth.
How to make Kadai Paneer –
Heat oil in a pan, these days I have switched to kacchi ghani (cold-pressed oil) as refined oil affects health adversely. I have used sesame (til) oil for this recipe.
To heated oil, add grated garlic (optional) and diced onions and cook on high flame. Then add tomatoes and capsicum. Cook for another 2 mins. The idea is to keep the crunch of vegetables intact. To flavour, the sabzi add spices. To prevent spices from burning, add a dash of water if required.
Next, add curd and mix well. Finally, add diced paneer and mix. Serve hot and enjoy. Isn’t it quite simple? 😊
Other Recipes that you may like –
Things to keep in mind to make Kadai Paneer at home –
1. Cut all the vegetables in equal size and cook on a high flame to retain the crunch.
2. Lower the flame while adding spices and add a dash of water to prevent spices from burning.
3. Cooks best in a heavy bottom iron skillet.
4. Soak paneer in luke-warm water before using. It will help to soften the paneer and get a perfect melt-in-mouth texture.
5. Use the whisked curd so that you don’t have to over-mix the curry.
How to choose vegetables for this recipe –
I use red onions for this recipe, well-ripened red hybrid tomatoes and lush green capsicum. Fresh vegetables give the required freshness to the dish and also tastes good.
How to serve Kadai Paneer –
How to make it Vegan Kadai Paneer–
If you are vegan and do not eat paneer, here’s is an easy way to make it as per your dietary requirements.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute paneer with tofu. Rest all the ingredients are vegan.
Step by Step Recipe to make quick Kadai Paneer –
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
2. To it, add finely chopped garlic and cook till raw smell goes off.
3. Next, add diced onion. Mix well. Cover and cook on a high flame for 2 mins.
4. Also, add diced tomatoes and capsicum. Mix well. Cook for2 mins on a high flame.
5. Lower the flame and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and paneer masala. Mix well.
6. To prevent from burning, add a dash of water so that spices do not burn.
7. Next, and add curd and mix well.
8. Finally, add paneer cubes. Mix well.
9. Serve hot with roti or paratha.
You can also pin this on Pinterest recipe for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
Easy Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Kadai or Heavy Bottom Iron Skillet or Kadai
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 No. Diced Deseeded Tomatoes
- 1 No. Diced Deseeded Capsicum
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Paneer Masala or Kitchen King Masala
- Dash of water
- 1 Tbsp Curd (Optional)
- 1 Cup Diced Paneer
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
- To it, add finely chopped garlic and cook till raw smell goes off.
- Next, add diced onion. Mix well. Cook on a high flame for 2 mins.
- Also, add diced tomatoes and capsicum. Mix well. Cook for2 mins on a high flame.
- Lower the flame and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and paneer masala. Mix well.
- To prevent from burning, add a dash of water so that spices do not burn.
- Next, and add curd and mix well.
- Finally, add paneer cubes. Mix well.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.