Many dishes are prepared using sabudana or sago. Sabudana vada is traditionally a Maharashtrian dish which is prepared all over the country these days in different style.
In this recipe of sabudana vada soaked sabudana is mixed with mashed potatoes, peanuts and few spices formed into vada and deep fried.
Preparation Time – 10-15 Mins + soaking time
Cooking Time – 10-15 Mins
• 2 Cups soaked sabudana( use medium size pearls)/sago
• 3 Medium sized boiled and mashed potatoes
• ½ Cup roasted, peeled and slightly crushed peanuts
• 2 Tbsp finely chopped coriander
• 1 Tsp finely chopped green chili
• 1 Tsp dry mango powder/amchoor powder (Optional)
• Salt to taste
• Oil to deep fry
Video Recipe –
• Wash the sabudana and soak in water (enough to cover it) for half-an-hour. Then drain the excess water. Put in a bowl, cover and keep aside overnight or for 8 hours or so. When properly soaked, the sabudana pearl should get mashed when pressed. Depending on the type of sabudana you can soak it for some more or less time.
• Adjust the temp of oil while frying to make sure the tikkis doesn’t remain uncooked from inside.
• To make it crispier add 2Tbsp of rice flour in the mixture.