Bharwa gilki (Turai)
Bharwa Gilki (Turai)
Bharwa gilki (turai) is a recipe which makes this vegetable likeable as people are little skeptical of buying and preparing this vegetable. This recipe will change perception and will be liked by all. Its filling of spices makes its tastier and enhances the taste of gilki.
Preparation Time – 10 Mins
Cooking Time – 15 Mins
• Gilki (Turai) – 4 Nos.
• Red chilli powder – ½ Tsp
• Turmeric Powder- ½ Tsp
• Amchur (Dry mango powder) Powder – ½ Tsp
• Coriander Powder- 1 Tsp
• Garam masala (all spice powder) – ¼ Tsp
• Salt to taste
• Oil – 2 Tbsp
• Coriander leaves to garnish (optional)
• Wash and peel gilki (turai). Cut them into 2-2.5 inch pieces.
• Slit these pieces length wise for stuffing.
• In a bowl mix salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Stuffing is ready.
• Fill the stuffing in slit gilkis (turai).
• Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add stuffed gilki. Cover and cook on low flame for about 5 mins.
• Now turn the gilki upside down and cook from other side. Cover and cook till soften. Keep a check in between and make sure the vegetable do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
• Remove the lid and cook on high flame for about a minute to get a nice colour and coating.
• Garnish with coriander.(optional)
• Serve with hot rotis.
Tips and Tricks –
• Cooks best in a heavy bottom or a non-stick pan/kadai.
• Always adjust spices as per your taste. Covering the lid makes cooking faster.