Moong Dal Dhokla
Authentic dhokla is made with chana dal. As this has become a popular and so likeable dish, there are now various types of dhoklas like besan dhokla, rawa dhokla, dal dhokla, spinach dhokla and others.
This time I have come up with even healthier recipe of Dhokla which is prepared with moong dal. Dal is rich in proteins but it is a difficult task to feed dal to kids. So moong dal dhokla is a great recipe to feed dal to kids and others in the form of everyone’s most favourite snack.
Moong dal is soaked and pureed, steamed and then tempered to give aromatic and great flavours.
Soaking Time – 2 hours (preferred)
Resting Time – Overnight (optional)
Preparation Time – 5 Mins
Cooking Time – 15 Mins
Serving – 4
• Soaked Yellow Moong Dal (Split yellow gram) – ¾ cup (Buy Organic Moong Dal)
• Gram flour (besan) – 1 Tbsp (Buy Besan/Gram Flour)
• Semolina(Rawa/Sooji) – 1 Tbsp
• Sugar – 1 ½ Tsp (Buy Sugar)
• Salt to taste (Buy Salt)
• Finely chopped green chili – 1 No.
• Turmeric powder – ½ Tsp (Buy Turmeric Powder/Haldi)
• Ginger garlic paste – ½ Tsp (Buy Ginger Garlic Paste)
• Fruit Salt (Eno) 1 ½ Tsp (Buy Fruit Salt)
• Curd – 2 Tbsp (Optional) (Homemade Curd Recipe)
• Water as required
• Oil – 1 Tbsp (Buy Oil)
• Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp (Buy Mustard Seeds)
• White Sesame Seeds – ½ Tsp (Buy Sesame Seeds)
• Slit Green chili – 1 No.
• Asafetida (Hing) – pinch
For Garnish (optional)
• Finely chopped coriander – 1 Tbsp
• Grated coconut – 1 Tbsp
For Serving (optional)
• Green chutney
• Take moong dal in a blender and make paste of pouring consistency using little water.
• Steam in the steamer on a high flame for 10 minutes or till done. Check in between using knife or fork till it comes out clean. (Buy Steamer)
For Tempering –
Tips and Tricks –
• Do not cover with lid while preparing tempering.
• Resting overnight ferments the dal which gives it a nice sponge.
• If you want to make dhoklas instantly add curd.