Veg Mayo Sandwich
This recipe of Veg Mayo Sandwich is easy and quick. It tastes creamy and cheesy and can be customized as per taste. This makes a good kid’s tiffin/lunch or breakfast recipe. I even like to have it for dinner at times when in no mood of cooking. Pair it with cold coffee on a Friday night and the start of your weekend can’t get better.
Only a few ingredients like veggies of choice – onion, tomato, corn, capsicum, cucumber are used along with salt, pepper, oregano and red chilli flakes.
You can either grill, bake, toast or even cook on a tawa. Apply butter generously before cooking and trust me you will love that crackling sound while cutting the sandwich into two. Butter enhances the taste of the sandwich to two times.
Other Sandwich Recipe –
Video Recipe –
You May Also Like –
Preparation Time – 10 Mins.
Cooking Time – 10 Mins.
Serves – 3 – 4
• Deseeded Finely Chopped Cucumber – 3/4th Cup
• Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 Cup
• Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/2 Cup
• Capsicum – 3 Tbsp (Optional)
• Boiled Sweet Corn – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
• Mayonnaise – 2 -3 Tbsp
• Salt to taste
• Oregano – 1 Tsp
• Red Chilli Flakes – 1 Tsp
• Grated processed cheese – 1/4th Cup
• Mint chutney
1. Combine cucumber, onion, tomato, salt, pepper, oregano, red chilli flakes, cheese and mayo in a bowl. Mix well.
Preparing Sandwich –
1. Apply butter on one slice and mint chutney on another slice.
2. Spread the stuffing generously between breads.
1. Apply butter on both sides of the sandwich and grill on a medium low flame on a grill pan till golden brown and crisp.
Tips & Tricks–
• Grilling (cooking) sandwich on low flame makes it crispier.
• Adjust spices (pepper and red chilli flakes) as per taste.
• You can also add spinach to make it healthier.
• Cling wrap the leftover stuffing to keep it fresh for few hours. Though its best to use fresh.
• Deseeding cucumber and tomato is important else the water content on these veggies will make the stuffing watery and sandwich soggy.