Hand Beaten Coffee
Hand Beaten Coffee or Indian Cappuccino with step-by-step photo and video recipe.
Hand beaten coffee is the most loved form of enjoying coffee in Indian homes. It is prepared in the most easy and desi way, without using coffee machine.
Though the results are amazing. This Indian Cappuccino or Hand Beaten Coffee is as good as the frothy coffee that you get in cafes.
It also resembles the very famous ‘shadi wali coffee’. Indian marriages are known for the delicious spread including coffee. Most of the people like to end their meal with this coffee.
Hand beaten coffee or Indian Cappuccino also known as whipped coffee, Indian coffee, Phitti Hui Coffee, Pakistani coffee, Pakistani Latte, Soft Coffee or our very own Desi Coffee.
We are family of coffee people. I fondly remember how we all used to take turns to beat the coffee and relishing it with long conversation.
The taste of labor of love is worth all the efforts and time and we used to forget all the muscle pain we get while beating the coffee, just in first sip.
But worry not I have found a simple hack to make your hand beaten coffee recipe easier and quicker.
Now I make a weekly stash of my coffee and just add hot milk to the coffee mix whenever I want to enjoy it. It just a matter of 2 mins now to make a creamy and frothy coffee at home.
Video Recipe –
This recipe of Hand Beaten Coffee is –
4. Can be prepared Vegan
5. Easy to make
6. Thick & Smooth
There is no bad day that a good coffee cannot solve. If you have this coffee ready in your refrigerator, it will take you just 2 mins. to make a café like coffee at home.
How to prepare for Hand Beaten Coffee Recipe –
This recipe of hand beaten coffee is super simple, quick and easy.
All you need to do is keep the ingredients and equipment ready.
How to Make Easiest and Frothy Hand Beaten Coffee –
In a mixing bowl add all the suggested ingredients. Whisk using whisking machine till its smooth and creamy.
How to make it without using whisking machine –
In case you don’t have whisking machine available at home. Mix all the ingredients in a cup (in small quantity) and keep whisking using fork till smooth and creamy.
It’s a labor of love to beat the coffee with hands, but it’s all worth it.
Things to keep in mind to make perfect Indian Cappuccino at home –
1. Take a large mixing bowl so that it becomes easy to blend. Else the coffee mix will splash while blending.
2. Make sure the sugar is well dissolved and the mixture becomes creamy.
3. Use only Instant Coffee for this recipe. Any other coffee will not give same results.
4. Use regular sugar for this recipe to get that smooth and creamy texture.
How to preserve Hand Beaten Coffee Mix –
Once the coffee mix is smooth and creamy, transfer it to an air tight container and refrigerate for upto 10 days.
Whenever you want to make coffee, just heat the milk and pour it over a Tbsp of coffee mix in a coffee mug.
What kind of coffee can be used for this recipe –
Any instant coffee powder from your favorite brand, works best for this recipe. You can easily find it at any grocery store or but it online.
Never use filter coffee or any other grounded coffee for this recipe.
You can make yourself a hot cup of Indian Cappuccino using this recipe.
If you are fond of different variety of coffees, you can also make dalgona coffee or cold coffee using this coffee mix.
Step by Step Hand Beaten Coffee Recipe –
1. In a mixing bowl add equal amount of Instant Coffee Powder, sugar and water.
2. Blend everything well using whisking machine till smooth and creamy. Make sure the sugar is dissolved properly. Keep whisking till you get soft peaks.
3. Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate for upto 10 days.
4. To make a cup of coffee immediately – Add a Tbsp of coffee mix in a coffee mug.
5. Pour hot milk over it. Stir in gently and serve hot.
6. In case you don’t have whisking machine available at home, whisk all the ingredients using fork in a large coffee mug or glass.
7. In such case, make small quantity as required as it is a lot of work to beat the coffee till smooth.
8. Serve hot. Garnish with cocoa powder to get all the shadi ki coffee wala feel.
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for future referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for detailed video recipes.
Hand Beaten Coffee
- 1/3rd Cup Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/3rd Cup Sugar
- 1/3rd Cup Water
- Hot Milk (as required)
- In a mixing bowl add equal amount of Instant Coffee Powder, sugar and water.
- Blend well using whisking machine till smooth and creamy. Make sure the sugar is dissolved properly.
- Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- To make a cup of coffee immediately – Add a Tbsp of coffee mix in a coffee mug.
- Pour hot milk over it. Stir in gently and serve hot.
- In case you don’t have whisking machine available at home, whisk all the ingredients using fork in a large coffee mug or glass.
- In such case, make small quantity as required as it is a lot of work to beat the coffee till smooth.
- Garnish with cocoa powder to get all the shadi ki coffee wala feel.