Restaurant Style Mushroom Masala Recipe
Mushroom Masala is one of my favourite curries. I can never say no to this preparation of Mushroom masala. Though my husband is not a huge fan of mushrooms, he too cannot resist this mushroom curry. It is prepared in typical Punjabi style to give it a nice rich texture and flavours. Though I don’t use many spices in curries to bring out the flavours of vegetables added.>
Video Recipe –
There are various dishes that can be prepared using mushrooms as the main ingredient. It is a versatile vegetable that can be used in soups, salads, continental dishes, as a topping, sandwiches, curries and much more. It is rich in protein, fibre and many other nutrients making it a must-have vegetable. There are various kinds of mushrooms available, one must include in their daily diet.
How to Prepare –
Soak mushrooms in a bowl of water to deep clean. Use fingertips to rub and clean the mushrooms nicely. Drain the water and let them dry. Peel of the skin and you can see the nice white colour of mushrooms, ready to be cooked. Dice into two halves. Make onion puree, ginger garlic coriander and chilli paste. While onions are cooking, puree tomato and keep ready other ingredients to save time.
Although this recipe takes a bit of time and efforts but trust me its all worth it in the end.
How to make Mushroom Masala –
I use mustard oil for this recipe but it is important to use mustard oil properly. Heat mustard oil till its smoky, this will help reduce the pungent smell of the oil. Switch off the flame and let it cool a bit. Add onion puree and cook. After some time add ginger garlic coriander and green chilli paste. Cooking onions on a low flame till golden brown. This step is very important and takes some time. Bhuno (roasting) onions nicely give this dish an amazing texture and taste. Add tomato puree, once cooked. Add all the spices and mix. Add mushrooms and mix well. Add required water and cook till mushrooms are done. Cook till you get the desired consistency.
Other Punjabi dishes that I love –
I love the way my mom cooks food and most of the Punjabi recipes I have learnt is from her. Though I have changed them a bit over a course of time while I practice cooking and feel the need to change as per my liking. Matar Paneer Masala is one other favorite recipe (that purely is my Mom’s recipe, without having to change even a bit) of mine. Also, on the days when I am willing to cook lavish, I prepare Dal Makhani Restaurant Style Recipe which I love for its rich, creamy and luscious texture.
• Cooks best in a heavy bottom pan/kadai.
• Always adjust spices as per your taste. Covering the lid ensures cooking faster.
• Cooking onions on a low flame till golden brown ensures rich taste.
• This recipe requires little extra fat for perfect cooking.
• Mustard oil gives this dish a nice strong flavour.
• Adjust water as per desired consistency. The gravy will get thicken after cooking.
• Add little water (2 tbsp) after adding spices so that they do not burn.
<strong>Nutritional value of mushrooms –</strong>
1. Mushrooms are rich in protein and have a high content of fibre.
2. Its low in calorie and carbohydrate makes it a good food choice.
3. It is rich in Vitamins and minerals.
– Main Dish – Indian – Restaurant Style Mushroom Masala[/wpurp-searchable-recipe]