Soya Pulao Recipe
Soya pulao with step by step photo and video recipe.
Soya Pulao is a healthy rice recipe which can be prepared easily and quickly. It requires only a few ingredients which are easily available in the Indian pantry. It makes for a great weeknight Indian dinner.
Soya nuggets are a great source for protein, especially for vegetarians. You can also use leftover boiled rice for this pulao recipe.
This recipe is on a milder side so kids enjoy it too. It doesn’t require many spices. It has a prominent taste of lime juice which makes a great combination with soya chunks.
Although I am not a huge fan of soya but I love its appearance in this recipe.
Video Recipe –
Pre-Preparation required for Soya Pulao –
This is a very quick recipe which doesn’t require much preparation. You can either use leftover steamed rice or boil the rice beforehand.
I prefer basmati rice for this recipe.
How to boil rice perfectly?
1. Wash & Soak basmati rice for 15 mins. Rinse excess water.
2. Boil 5 times of water in a saucepan along with water.
3. Add drained and soaked rice. Cook on a high flame till rice is done.
4. Do not stir much in between, else the rice will break. Also do not cover the pan.
5. Strain excess water completely.
How to make Soya Pulao –
In pan heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds and add whole red chilli, bay leaf, cloves and cardamom.
Ginger, garlic and green chilli add good flavour to this recipe. Add a mix of it. Let it cook.
Add sliced onion and cook till translucent. Next add turmeric powder, coriander leaves and salt to it. Finally, add boiled rice and soya nuggets and mix well.
Finish it with lime juice.
More Rice Recipes –
Things to keep in mind while making Soya Pulao in Pan –
1. Use only good quality basmati rice for this recipe. Do not over boil it.
2. Add lime juice at the end after switching off the flame.
3. You can either boil or soak soya nuggets. I prefer boiling it for 10 min. in boiling water.
4. You can also add spices like garam masala, red chilli powder or anything of choice.
5. Soaked rice yields a double quantity of rice after cooking.
Step by Step Soya Pulao Recipe –
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, whole red chilli, cardamom and cloves.
2. Next add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli.
3. After a min, add sliced onions and cook till translucent.
4. Flavour it with turmeric powder, coriander leaves and salt.
5. Mix everything well.
6. Now add boiled rice and mix well.
7. Finally, add boiled soya chunks.
8. Mix it well with rice and cook for 2 mins.
9. Switch off the flame and add lime juice.
10. Mix well and serve hot.
How to serve Soya Pulao–
Soya pulao makes for a complete meal in itself. It makes for a great light dinner option.
It also makes for a great side dish with an elaborative meal.
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for later referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for updates on video recipes.
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, Garlic & Green Chilli
- 1 No. Bay Leaf
- 1 No. Whole Red Chilli
- 1 No. Caradamom
- 2 Nos. Cloves
- 1 Medium Sliced Onions
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 Cups Boiled Rice
- 100 gms Soya Chunks boiled with salt
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, whole red chilli, cardamom and cloves.
- Next add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- After a min, add sliced onions and cook till translucent.
- Flavour it with turmeric powder, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix everything well.
- Now add boiled rice and mix well.
- Finally add boiled soya chunks.
- Mix it well with rice and cook for 2 mins.
- Switch off the flame and add lime juice.
- Mix well and serve hot.