Veg Fried Rice Recipe
Rice and Indo Chinese cuisine are both my favourite. When two combines to make Veg Fried Rice it has to be perfect and delicious.
The aroma of Chinese rice on a street vendor is irresistible. However, due to the addition of colours and not-so-good quality sauces they use, I avoid eating Chinese food on the streets.
It is very easy to make veg fried rice at home. It makes for a quick weekday dinner or even an easy recipe for lunchbox or kid’s tiffin.
Fried Rice is our family favourite and we like to pair it with any Indo Chinese side dishes like Manchurian, Crispy Veg, Honey chilli potato or a simple soup.
Usually, onion, carrots, beans, capsicum, cabbage, spring onions and lots of garlic are added in this recipe. To make it healthy you can increase the quantity of vegetables.
A few ingredients here and there makes the taste of the dishes entirely different. Indo-Chinese cuisine requires almost similar ingredients in most of the recipes but differs in quantities.
I often make different rice recipes at home like –
Video Recipe –
Veg fried rice requires very simple and basic ingredients and can be prepared quickly. This recipe can also be prepared using leftover rice to give it a nice makeover the other day.
How to prepare –
To make this recipe all we need to do is finely cut vegetables and boil rice well in advance. Make sure the rice is not over boiled. Leftover rice also makes a good ingredient for this recipe.
Keep all the ingredients handy as Chinese dishes need to be cooked on high flame to give the nutty and crisp flavour to the dish.
How to make Veg Fried Rice perfectly –
To make street style or restaurant-style Veg fried rice all we need is to stir fry veggies quickly. Throw in some boiled rice, add salt pepper, vinegar and soya sauce and mix well.
Although restaurants and street vendors add MSG or colouring agent to the Chinese dishes, I like my food to be without any preservatives, chemicals or any such ingredient. That’s what makes homemade food more desirable and tastier.
The good idea is to add the vinegar and soy sauce over the rice and not on vegetable so that vegetables retains its actual colour and rice are well coated with sauces.
Things to keep in mind while making Fried Rice –
1. Make sure the rice isn’t overboiled.
2. Use sesame oil for the best flavour in Chinese cuisine.
3. Cook on a high flame so that the vegetables do not lose its crunch.
4. Toss if possible, to get the charred and smoky flavour.
5. Add sauces after rice, to retain the colour of vegetables. Never add sauces over vegetables.
6. Soy sauce contains salt, so add accordingly.
How to serve Veg Fried Rice –
Fried rice makes for a quick and easy lunchbox recipe, so you can pack it for tiffin.
If you are looking to serve your guests’ different cuisine than Indian, this makes for a perfect meal.
Step by Step Recipe to make Veg Fried Rice at home –
1. Heat oil in a wok, pan or kadai. The most light-weighted wok is preferred to make Chinese.
2. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic. To it, add green chilli and sesame seeds (optional).
3. Cook for a min.
4. Next, add chopped onions, carrots, cabbage and capsicum.
5. Mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins on a high flame. Keep stirring and tossing.
6. Add spring onion greens and mix well.
7. Finally, add boiled rice.
8. To flavour, add salt, pepper, vinegar and soy sauce.
9. Mix/ Toss gently. Cook for 2-3 mins.
10. Garnish with spring onion green and serve hot.
You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest for further referral.
Please do Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for detailed video recipes.
Veg Fried Rice
- 2 -3 Tbsp Oil Sesame Oil Preferred)
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped Ginger - Garlic
- 1 Tsp Chopped Green chilli
- 1 Tsp Sesame seeds optional
- 1/4th Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4th Cup Finely Chopped Carrot
- 1/4th Cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
- 1/4th Cup Finely Chopped Cabbage
- 1/4th Cup Finely chopped spring onion greens
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cups Boiled rice
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1/4th Tsp Black pepper
- Heat oil in a wok, pan or kadai. The most light-weighted wok is preferred to make Chinese.
- Add finely chopped ginger and garlic. To it, add green chilli and sesame seeds (optional).
- Cook for a min.
- Next, add chopped onions, carrots, cabbage and capsicum.
- Mix well. Cook for 2-3 mins on a high flame. Keep stirring and tossing.
- Add spring onion greens and mix well.
- Finally, add boiled rice.
- To flavour, add salt, pepper, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix/ Toss gently. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Garnish with spring onion green and serve hot.